An air conditioning system breaking down in the hot summers of McKinney is the worst thing that could ever happen to anyone. But, before you call the AC service in McKinney, you should check a few things.
If the air conditioning system isn’t delivering optimum performance, you can tackle this issue yourself. Just check the below-mentioned parts of your air conditioning system.
- Circuit Breakers: Circuit breakers are the safety switches that prevent mishaps in short circuits and current overloads. They help by arresting the current flow of electric appliances or the general current supply of the house. In some cases, when the AC doesn’t work, it could be due to circuit breakers. You should check the circuit board and turn it on.
- Thermostat: The thermostat is responsible for controlling the temperature of the air conditioning unit. If you are facing trouble with your air conditioner, you must check the thermostat setting before calling AC service McKinney. Set it at different temperatures to assure that the thermostat is working properly.
- Air Filters: When your air conditioner doesn’t work properly, it could be due to a problem with air filters.Air filter keeps the pollutants away from the air conditioning system. It is responsible for the quality of air inside your house. Many times, pollutants and debris accumulate on the air filter and clog it. In this case, your AC fails to do proper cooling. If this is the issue, you can easily tackle it by replacing the air filter.
- Condenser Unit: The condenser unit is the dirtiest part of the air conditioning system as it stays outside of the home. Debris accumulates on the condenser unit and the air conditioner fails to work properly. You should clean the condenser unit before roping in an AC repair service for your air conditioning system.
- Air Ducts: Air ducts help in establishing proper airflow. The compromised cooling capacity of your air conditioning system could be due to dirty, leaky, and loose air ducts. You must check all the rooms of your house. If you experience different temperatures in every room, it could be due to a problem with the air ducts.
- Refrigerant Level: A refrigerant is basically a chemical that is used for cooling as well as dehumidifying. Improper cooling could be due to the low levels of refrigerant. The optimum refrigerant level is important to cool the house. In the presence of improper cooling, you must check the refrigerant level.
- Drain Overflow: There is a float switch in the air conditioning system that goes off automatically when the condensate drain is clogged and the condensate pan overflows. In this case, the power of the AC goes off. You must clean the air conditioner duct to establish the proper functioning of your air conditioning system.
Self-maintenance of AC to some extent can prove worthwhile with respect to the amount of effort that an individual puts into it. At the same time, hiring an expert to ensure the best results for your AC round the year is a much wiser decision. Summers in McKinney as usual is very hot, you need to be extremely cautious about the hot summer months that range from May into the early Fall. Individuals or families in McKinney facing problems due to improper working conditions of AC, especially in these months take a heavy toll on their health. It’s pertinent to remember that you can’t do what a specialized AC maintenance and repair company in McKinney can do to keep your AC in the best running condition, throughout the year and around the clock.
What will an expert AC repair company in McKinney do that you cannot do? Here’s what is in there for you:
Experience: An expert AC maintenance and repair company in McKinney comes with years of experience. Their approach toward the problem, customer dealing skills, and ability to solve the problem will showcase their experience in handling AC-related problems.
Proficient staff-A reputed company would have skilled manpower, equipped to undertake any challenging situation and crisis even in the middle of the night. The company’s staff will be available 365 days, 24*7 at your disposal to mend, any fault that takes place.
Suggestions-Once you sign the Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) with the company, they will also give you tips from time to time as how you can best maintain your AC to maximum efficiency and operability. For instance-
- Regular Cleaning of filters
- Maintaining temperature at a stable level of 76 degrees, to lower the energy bills
- Keep the fan on while running the AC
- Program the thermostat
These are some of the basic measures that will enhance efficacy of your AC and improve the shelf life of the unit.
Technical Know-how- An well-trained engineer will be able to handle a faulty situation in a much more balanced way as opposed to a layman who will apply many permutations and combinations to fix the problem or by merely apply hit and trial method to find a solution to the problem.
Alternatively, here are a few things that you can do to enhance the efficiency of AC, in case you don’t want to hire an expert:
- Switch off lights for efficient air conditioning
- Seal if there is any leak
- Minimize usage of electrical appliances when AC is running