- Close the vents and open spaces – It is one of the most neglected and also very important to improve your heating system. Any leaks in your vent, furnace, windows, pipes etc. will allow the cool air to enter your home. This will also lead to hot air escaping the house when the heating system is working. You can use thicker curtains or seal any leaks in your house.
- Heating system maintenance – Get your heating system maintenance done regularly to keep the performance maintained. Even if you forget to get it serviced this fall, you may get it done later. This will help in keeping your system clean and it will prepare the system for winter. This will increase the efficiency and reduce the chances of any break down in future.
- Change furnace – You should clean your filters to maintain the performance. Dust and debris which cover the filter affects the performance of the system. It clogs the system and blocks the passage of air through the pores. You should also get your furnace changed once it gets dirty and worn out. Also get regular inspection done to check the working condition.
- Programmable thermostat – You should consider upgrading your thermostat. This helps you in saving a lot of money and energy and also adds to your comfort. You can program it as per your schedule and it will work efficiently. Learn about the different setting and options available as it has lots of benefits. You can set the temperature depending upon your availability at home. You will find a comfortable and warm home once you enter from chilly weather outside.
- Reverse your ceiling fan – In most of the ceiling fan switch there is an option which allows you to control the way your fan spins. Turn on your fan in clockwise direction and in low speed. This will push the hot air from the ceiling to the area where it is required. It is the best option to get the home warm in no time and comfortable during winters.
- Rearrange your furniture – Get your furniture arranged in such a way that all the vents are blocked. Take good advantage of your furniture and avoid the warm air to leave the house. Rearrange your living room to get the maximum from your heating system.
Read more about “Top 5 Tips to Prepare Your Home for a Harsh Winter”
Winters tend to tread harsh on most of us, especially kids. So, like rest of the season when
we prepare ourselves to keep us cold, it’s time that we start preparation for extreme winters.
It’s extremely important that we keep ourselves and our children protected from harsh weather conditions as most of our children are vulnerable to cold and catch this virus easily. Maintaining your furnace for winters isn’t too difficult, one can take care and do a little bit of maintenance at your home itself. We will tell you how.
But before moving towards the tips, let us first understand how one needs to realize where the gap is. First and foremost, never underestimate the problem, sometimes a minor problem can incur huge loss. Get professional help, call and schedule an appointment with a professional heating repair service company in Arlington, TX to determine the exact cause of the problem. He will analyze the problem and guide you accordingly.
Top 5 tips for heating maintenance in Arlington
As winters are approaching, its time that we prepare ourselves for a harsh winter before it hit us.
- Tune your heating appliance- Majority of the individuals hire heating maintenance service companies, before winter starts. This helps in proper functioning of your heating appliance and guzzle less energy. You can even take a 24*7 maintenance contract from a good AC and heating maintenance company in Arlington. The company will send an expert to assess and evaluate your appliance of any problem and will fix it right away.
- Prevent Ice Dams- Ice dam prevention involves cleaning of gutters. Remove all kinds of leaves and debris that may have settled on the gutters and ensure that your gutter is free from all kinds of heaps and is intact. You need to see that the water does not freeze and is constantly flowing. Blocked gutters lead to formation of ice dams from melted snow and rainwater.
- Seal Your Windows and Doors to keep your rooms warm- As you know winters in Arlington can be as mild as one could think off as well as it can be as formidable as one could not even dream off. Hnce to keep yourself safe in extreme winter conditions its advised that you properly seal your doors and windows to keep the heat intact. This will not even cost you much and can be easily done without any help.
- Avoid Frozen Pipes- It’s important that you take notice of your outside faucets and prevent it from freezing. When subfreezing starts, you should immediately turn off the outside faucet as turning off the source of water will help eliminate or minimize the risk of pipes bursting or freezing.
- Clean Your Chimney- Another important step of caution is to get your chimneys cleaned. One needs to understand the hazardous effect it can have on you and your loved ones, if the chimney is blocked and loaded with creosote. Call a chimney cleaning expert and get it cleared from time-to-time as it can pose serious health risks and could be a breeding ground for fires. In case of excessive buildup, it can also cause blowback of fireplace smoke.
The above-mentioned steps are few tips that can help you prepare for most torment winters in Arlington. Maintenance of heating appliances isn’t difficult as it seems, though it poses more threat. However, it can have negative bearing on the household and individuals if things go awry. Hence call an expert today and get your heating furnace service to ensure smooth sailing in winters.