HVAC maintenance is an essential part as it accounts for at least half of energy you use in a year. That is why it becomes crucial to keep it running at peak performance because your negligence will leave you with a high energy bill and HVAC repair costs.
Does Maintenance Matter?
Something as little as cleaning filters can enhance the lifespan of your air-conditioning/heating unit and also improve its capability to function. There are certain tips whose main focus relies on regular upkeep of the unit. Read on to know more about it!
-> Tips for Energy Saving
- Keep yourself abreast of the seasonal energy needs
- You need to create a preventive maintenance schedule
- Address your home’s overall energy efficiency
-> Ventilation Tips
- Spot Ventilation
- Whole House ventilation
- Ventilation based on structure
-> Maintenance Tips
- Your outdoor unit is as important as indoor. Do NOT neglect it!
- Change the air filters regularly
-> Replacement Tips
- Deciding upon the most crucial aspect of repair or replacement of the equipment
- Use programmable and digital thermostats
-> Safety Tips
- Prepare yourself for severe weather
- Fix carbon monoxide detectors at appropriate locations
Two most common things that you can do to cut down on your utility bills would be –
- Reversal of fan direction in each season: In summers, the rotation of the fan should be counter-clockwise whereas it should be clockwise in winter. To find this switch, look at the fan base. Using it, you can easily change the direction of the blade.
- Are you keeping the thermostat reading in check?: Many of you aren’t aware of this fact but yes, just a 5 degree change either way in your thermostat can make a big difference in the energy use.
Other Prominent Aspects to Consider
You should be using a dense filter at home if you have pets – Quite often, air filter replacements are neglected but they are necessary if you are willing to improve air intake.
You can read and apply several D-I-Y tips available on the web, still to ensure that your system run with highest efficiency, you need to take a professional guidance. A HVAC service will do what you cannot do on your own!